WIC Nutrition Specialist
Website District Health Department #10
Part-time WIC Nutrition Specialist. This position will be based in Wexford County.
· Completes assessments of nutrition, growth, lab, and medical data determining WIC Program eligibility of infants, children, and women.
· Provides client-centered nutrition and breastfeeding education support;
· Initiates referrals and engages clients in health and community services.
· Performs height, weight, and basic lab tests
· Documents in Electronic Health Records;
· Registered Dietitians: Provides counseling and develops plans of care.
· Registered Nurses: Performs child oral screenings fluoride varnish applications and maternal risk screenings.
· Registered Dietitian and WIC experience (Registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)) Preferred or
· Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods, and nutrition or Home Economics (with nutrition emphasis) or
· Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Michigan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org