Mission, Vision & Values
The Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an affiliate of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and as such, embraces the mission, vision, and values of the Academy.
Improve the health and well-being of Michigan and ensure our members are the leaders in nutrition.
Create a state where quality, nutritious food is accessible to everyone.
The members of the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics uphold the following values:
- Customer Focus – operates in a service and action-oriented manner in all internal and external contacts with colleagues and the public;
- Excellence – acts ethically and with integrity in the identification, development and delivery of quality, science/evidence-based services, research, products and programs for all customers.
- Innovation – fosters an environment of positive change through creativity and continuous improvement.
- Life-long Learning – takes personal accountability for own skills and seeks opportunities for continued learning.
- Open Communication – promotes open dialogue and the sharing of information and knowledge.
- Respect for Differences – demonstrates sensitivity, fosters trust, and recognizes and appreciates the strength of others.
- Social Responsibility – guides decisions and actions by considering economic and social implications in addition to the special interests of our members.
- Strategy – identifies direction, sets priorities and delivers outcomes in collaboration with others.