Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
Scholarship Recipients 2021
MNDI is proud to announce that eight dietetic students and interns have been awarded $1,500 scholarships, totaling $12,000. The MNDI Trustees commend these students and interns for their hard work, leadership, and dedication, and would like to express sincere gratitude to each person who donated to the scholarship fund in the ongoing support of student education and excellence.
MiAND Past President Scholarship
Betty Krauss Memorial Scholarship
Angela Indigo Davis
Vera Thompson Scholarship
Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship
Eight scholarships were awarded in 2021, each worth $1500. The number of scholarships available each year will be announced when applications open for that year.
- Michigan Nutrition and Dietetic Institute Scholarships (2)
- Michigan Academy Past President Scholarship
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship
- Vera Thompson Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, this scholarship will be awarded to a student or intern who identifies as Black or African American. This scholarship is supported by MiAND.
- Betty Krauss Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this scholarship must meet two out of the following three criteria.
- Have been a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for a year
- Have worked with underprivileged individuals or communities
- Demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association. This scholarship is also available to CURRENT Dietetic Interns in an ACEND accredited program in Michigan (you MUST be enrolled in your internship at the time of application deadline).
MNDI provides annual scholarships, which are determined by the MNDI Trustees and awarded in July each year. Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Participant in one of the following programs in Michigan:
- Currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP)
- Currently enrolled or accepted into an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- A current Registered Dietitian enrolled in a graduate program.
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Michigan Academy, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior level student
Applicants meeting one or more of the specific qualifications listed in the application or above are in no way guaranteed a scholarship.
Scholarship Application Timeline
- Application opens: February 2022
- Notification to scholarship winners: July 2022
For scholarship application questions, email email@example.com