Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
Scholarship Application Timeline
- Application details: Available December 1, 2023
- Application opens: January 15, 2024
- Application closes: March 2, 2024 at 11:59 pm
- Notification to scholarship recipients: April 8, 2024
For scholarship application questions, email email@example.com
We are excited to announce that seven (7) scholarships are available for 2024. The first six (6) are for $1500 each, and the Southwest Michigan District Dietetic Association Scholarship is for $700.
- Michigan Nutrition and Dietetic Institute Scholarships (2)
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship
- Vera Thompson Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, this scholarship will be awarded to a student or intern who identifies as Black or African American. This scholarship is supported by MiAND.
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association. This scholarship is also available to CURRENT Dietetic Interns in an ACEND-accredited program in Michigan (you MUST be enrolled in your internship at the time of the application deadline).
- Southwest Michigan District Dietetic Association Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Must be from the Southwest Michigan area (Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Ingham, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren counties)
- Plan to practice as a Registered Dietitian in the Southwest Michigan area (Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Ingham, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren counties)
- Self-select for this scholarship. Be sure to check the box on the application form.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Participant in one of the following programs in Michigan:
- Currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Currently enrolled in an ACEND-accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP)
- Currently enrolled or accepted into an ACEND-accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- A current Registered Dietitian enrolled in a graduate program.
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Michigan Academy, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior-level student
Applicants meeting one or more of the specific qualifications listed in the application or above are in no way guaranteed a scholarship.
Interested in making a donation to the scholarship fund? All donations to the MNDI are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult your tax advisor for any specific questions about your ability to use donations to MNDI as a tax deduction. Donations must be received by December 31 in order to be tax-deductible for the same year. You can quickly and easily donate using the button below. We also accept checks made payable to Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. Contact MNDI at firstname.lastname@example.org for the current mailing address and with any questions.
Scholarship Recipients 2023
MNDI is proud to announce that ten dietetic students and interns have been awarded scholarships totaling $13,200. The MNDI Trustees commend these students and interns for their hard work, leadership, and dedication, and would like to express sincere gratitude to each person who donated to the scholarship fund in the ongoing support of student education and excellence.
MiAND Past President Scholarship
Betty Krauss Memorial Scholarship
Vera Thompson Scholarship
Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship