Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
Scholarship Recipients 2022
MNDI is proud to announce that eight dietetic students and interns have been awarded $1,500 scholarships, and one intern a $500 scholarship, totaling $12,500. The MNDI Trustees commend these students and interns for their hard work, leadership, and dedication, and would like to express sincere gratitude to each person who donated to the scholarship fund in the ongoing support of student education and excellence. Read more from our recipients about how this scholarship will help.
MiAND Past President Scholarship
Betty Krauss Memorial Scholarship
Vera Thompson Scholarship
Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Application Timeline for 2023
- Application opens: February 13, 2020
- Application materials due: April 21, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET
- Notification to applicants: July 2023
For scholarship application questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in making a donation to the scholarship fund? All donations to the MNDI are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult your tax advisor for any specific questions about your ability to use donations to MNDI as a tax deduction. Donations must be received by December 31 in order to be tax-deductible for the same year. You can quickly and easily donate using the button below. We also accept checks made payable to Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. Contact MNDI at email@example.com for the current mailing address and with any questions.
We are excited to announce that nine (9) scholarships were available for 2022. The first eight (8) were for $1500 each, and our newest one, Dietitians of West Michigan Scholarship, was for $500.
- Michigan Nutrition and Dietetic Institute Scholarships (2)
- Michigan Academy Past President Scholarship
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship
- Vera Thompson Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, this scholarship will be awarded to a student or intern who identifies as Black or African American. This scholarship is supported by MiAND.
- Betty Krauss Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this scholarship must meet two out of the following three criteria.
- Have been a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for a year
- Have worked with underprivileged individuals or communities
- Demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association. This scholarship is also available to CURRENT Dietetic Interns in an ACEND accredited program in Michigan (you MUST be enrolled in your internship at the time of application deadline).
- Dietitians of West Michigan (DWM) Scholarship: This scholarship is being established by the DWM Board to support nutrition and dietetic interns or dietetic students who plan to practice in the West Michigan area. Preference will be given to dietetic interns or graduate students who are completing or have completed their dietetic internship. In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Have a goal to be an active member of the Dietitians of West Michigan and will consider joining the board in the future
- Plan to practice as a Registered Dietitian in the West Michigan area (Ionia, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newago, Oceana, Osceola, and Ottawa counties)
- Self-select for this scholarship. Be sure to check the box on the application form.
MNDI provides annual scholarships, which are determined by the MNDI Trustees and awarded in July each year. Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Participant in one of the following programs in Michigan:
- Currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP)
- Currently enrolled or accepted into an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- A current Registered Dietitian enrolled in a graduate program.
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Michigan Academy, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior level student
Applicants meeting one or more of the specific qualifications listed in the application or above are in no way guaranteed a scholarship.