Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
Scholarship Application Timeline for 2022
- Application opens: February 15, 2022
- Application closes: April 22, 2022 at 11:59 pm Eastern time
- Notification to scholarship winners: July 2022
Scholarship Application for 2022
Please read the application instructions carefully for specific details for completing and submitting your application.
The application is a fillable pdf file. Make sure to read the instructions for how to save and submit the application.
For scholarship application questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to announce that nine (9) scholarships will be available for 2022. The first eight (8) will be for $1500 each, and our newest one, Dietitians of West Michigan Scholarship, will be for $500.
- Michigan Nutrition and Dietetic Institute Scholarships (2)
- Michigan Academy Past President Scholarship
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship
- Vera Thompson Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, this scholarship will be awarded to a student or intern who identifies as Black or African American. This scholarship is supported by MiAND.
- Betty Krauss Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this scholarship must meet two out of the following three criteria.
- Have been a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for a year
- Have worked with underprivileged individuals or communities
- Demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association. This scholarship is also available to CURRENT Dietetic Interns in an ACEND accredited program in Michigan (you MUST be enrolled in your internship at the time of application deadline).
- Dietitians of West Michigan (DWM) Scholarship: This scholarship is being established by the DWM Board to support nutrition and dietetic interns or dietetic students who plan to practice in the West Michigan area. Preference will be given to dietetic interns or graduate students who are completing or have completed their dietetic internship. In addition to the criteria below, applicants for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Have a goal to be an active member of the Dietitians of West Michigan and will consider joining the board in the future
- Plan to practice as a Registered Dietitian in the West Michigan area (Ionia, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newago, Oceana, Osceola, and Ottawa counties)
- Self-select for this scholarship. Be sure to check the box on the application form.
MNDI provides annual scholarships, which are determined by the MNDI Trustees and awarded in July each year. Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Participant in one of the following programs in Michigan:
- Currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP)
- Currently enrolled or accepted into an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- A current Registered Dietitian enrolled in a graduate program.
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Michigan Academy, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior level student
Applicants meeting one or more of the specific qualifications listed in the application or above are in no way guaranteed a scholarship.
Scholarship Recipients 2021
MNDI is proud to announce that eight dietetic students and interns have been awarded $1,500 scholarships, totaling $12,000. The MNDI Trustees commend these students and interns for their hard work, leadership, and dedication, and would like to express sincere gratitude to each person who donated to the scholarship fund in the ongoing support of student education and excellence.
MiAND Past President Scholarship
Betty Krauss Memorial Scholarship
Angela Indigo Davis
Vera Thompson Scholarship
Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship
Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship