Welcome, fellow RD’s-to-be, to our new MI Academy page!
We have created this space for students to connect with one another and dive deeper into all our profession has to offer. Check back here often for updated information. Some features of this page will include:
- Articles, tips and tools about writing resumes, applying for internships and jobs, the importance of licensure, how to negotiate salary and benefits, and much more!
- Learn about exciting new areas of practice in our profession
- Interviews with MI Academy board members
- Volunteer events in your area
- Gatherings at local and national dietetic conferences
- Scholarship opportunities
- And more!
Student Corner Features
Get to know your MiAND Student Board Members!
Hi! My name is Tabor Gleason and I am in my second year of the Master of Science in Clinical Dietetics program at Grand Valley State University. I have a bachelor’s degree in Clinical Exercise Science from GVSU and have a strong interest in sports dietetics and cardiac rehab. Currently, I am working on a thesis involving RED-S and female athletes at GVSU. As a former collegiate athlete, this topic is near and dear to my heart! I think it is important to be involved in the dietetics community and that’s why I’m excited to be a student liaison for MiAND.
Emily earned her bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Madonna University in 2016. She then went on to become credentialed as a DTR and worked in the Milk Room at Michigan Medicine for 3 years. She is currently finishing her master’s degree in Nutrition and Wellness at Madonna University and will begin Madonna’s dietetic internship in the fall of 2024.