Welcome, fellow RD’s-to-be, to our new MI Academy page!
We have created this space for students to connect with one another and dive deeper into all our profession has to offer. Check back here often for updated information. Some features of this page will include:
- Articles, tips and tools about writing resumes, applying for internships and jobs, the importance of licensure, how to negotiate salary and benefits, and much more!
- Learn about exciting new areas of practice in our profession
- Interviews with MI Academy board members
- Volunteer events in your area
- Gatherings at local and national dietetic conferences
- Scholarship opportunities
- And more!
Student Corner Features
Get to know your MI Academy Student Board Members!
Suzy is in her final year in the Michigan State dietetics program. Upon graduation, she plans to continue her research abroad, and then attend a combined dietetics master and internship program. She is very interested in clinical dietetics, particularly working with eating disorders. In her free time, Suzy enjoys running, traveling, hiking, and spending time with her family and friends.
Michelle is in her first year of the master’s program in dietetics at Eastern Michigan University. She has a strong passion for diabetes nutrition and education and plans to acquire her CDCES after becoming a registered dietitian. Michelle loves to golf, travel, and complete puzzles in her free time. She is an avid Peloton strength training and indoor cycling participant and she is passionate about giving back to her community. All of the above contribute to her value of self-care, love, and acceptance.