Welcome, fellow RD’s-to-be, to our new MI Academy page!
We have created this space for students to connect with one another and dive deeper into all our profession has to offer. Check back here often for updated information. Some features of this page will include:
- Articles, tips and tools about writing resumes, applying for internships and jobs, the importance of licensure, how to negotiate salary and benefits, and much more!
- Learn about exciting new areas of practice in our profession
- Interviews with MI Academy board members
- Volunteer events in your area
- Gatherings at local and national dietetic conferences
- Scholarship opportunities
- And more!
Student Corner Features
Get to know your MI Academy Student Board Members!
Hi, I’m Emily and I’m currently a senior in the Nutrition and Dietetics program at Western Michigan University. Upon completion of my undergraduate degree in April 2021, my goals include pursuing a dietetic internship as well as further education in the field of nutritional immunology. I would love to work in the field of pediatric dietetics and with individuals with food allergies. My hobbies include cooking, crossword puzzles, collecting vinyl records, and spending time with friends and family.
Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I am a Master of Public Health student at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health, where I study Nutritional Sciences, with a Concentration in Dietetics. I am also completing a Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Food Systems. My future career goal is to work in Clinical Pediatric Dietetics. In my spare time I love reading, traveling, cooking, and spending time with my husband and two fur kids.