Welcome, fellow RD’s-to-be, to our new MI Academy page!
We have created this space for students to connect with one another and dive deeper into all our profession has to offer. Check back here often for updated information. Some features of this page will include:
- Articles, tips and tools about writing resumes, applying for internships and jobs, the importance of licensure, how to negotiate salary and benefits, and much more!
- Learn about exciting new areas of practice in our profession
- Interviews with MI Academy board members
- Volunteer events in your area
- Gatherings at local and national dietetic conferences
- Scholarship opportunities
- And more!
Student Corner Features
Get to know your MI Academy Student Board Members!
Hi, my name is Peggy and I am currently enrolled in Wayne State University’s Coordinated Program in Dietetics, starting my clinical internship in the Fall. I received my bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources Management from Grand Valley State University and my master’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from Wayne State University. My areas of interest include gastroenterology, gut health, agriculture, and sustainable food systems. During my free time, I love traveling, photography, cooking, and spending lots of time with my fur babies.
Hello, my name is Jaelin Lockwood and I am currently a junior in the Nutrition and Dietetic program at Central Michigan University. After graduating with my bachelor’s degree, I plan to pursue a dietetic internship in 2023 and specialize in sports dietetics. I would love to work in a gym setting and help coach athletes regarding nutrition. My hobbies include traveling, cooking, working out and spending time with friends and family.