Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI)
Advancing Dietetics in Michigan Through Scholarships
MNDI Silent Auction
It’s time again to help the MNDI provide funding to increase the number and amount of scholarships awarded to students enrolled in Dietetics and Nutrition programs in Michigan. The cost of college and postgraduate work continues to rise. Your contribution directly to the MNDI annual scholarships helps enable future Dietetics and Nutrition professionals and the future of our profession.
What can you do?
- Donate a gift basket or individual items for the MNDI Silent Auction scheduled for Friday, May 8 from 9 am – 12:00 pm at the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Conference in Traverse City.
- Participate in the Silent Auction at the Annual Conference in Traverse City by bidding on the amazing baskets and items donated by your peers and other friends of MNDI.
- Remember all proceeds from the Silent Auction go directly to the MNDI Scholarship fund.
Please take a minute now to consider your talents and what you are able to contribute to the 2020 MNDI Silent Auction to make this the best MNDI Silent Auction ever. Please contact Arezoo Rojhani at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the item or items that you would like to donate and their approximate value by Friday, April 10th. Your donation can be brought to the Annual Conference.
If you are unable to attend the conference, but would like to make a financial contribution, you can send a check made payable to: MI Nutrition & Dietetics Institute or MNDI to:
c/o Diane Delhey
1855 Kim Avenue
Portage, MI 49024
Thank you in advance for supporting the MNDI scholarship fund.
What We Do
MISSION: Scholarship support for advancing dietetics in Michigan.
ACTIVITIES: Activities supporting the mission of the MND Institute are:
1. Administration of scholarship funds that assist Michigan residents in pursuing training in dietetics, leading to active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Registered Dietitian status.
2. Administration of support for educational activities for Registered Dietitians in Michigan.
3. Administration of support for research activities related to dietetic education and practice in Michigan.
ORGANIZATION: The Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. is a tax- exempt foundation established by the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in 1980. A Board of Trustees including MI Academy members and public members guide the activities of the institute. A majority of the Trustees are elected from and by the membership of the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Support MNDI and Receive Tax Benefits
Individuals, families, groups, institutes or organizations wishing to contribute to existing funds or establish scholarship funds may do so through MNDI. All donations to the MNDI are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult your tax advisor for any specific questions about your ability to use donations to MNDI as a tax deduction. Donations may be made in honor of specific individuals, to an established scholarship fund, or to the general MNDI fund. A list of all donors is included in the Institute's Annual Report.
Questions may be directed to Michaeline Raczka, MNDI President-elect at email@example.com . Donations must be received by 12/31/2020 in order to be credited to the 2020 tax year. Checks should be made payable to Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. Contact Michaeline at the email above for the current mailing addres
Information regarding scholarship criteria, application, and deadlines can be found here.