Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
MNDI awarded five scholarships in May 2017 at the annual spring conference. Michigan Academy members and MNDI congratulate these winners and commend them for their hard work and dedication to the field of nutrition. Scholarship recipients include:
Individuals, families, groups, institutes or organizations wishing to contribute to existing funds or establish scholarship funds may do so through MNDI. All donations to the MNDI are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult your tax advisor for any specific questions about your ability to use donations to MNDI as a tax deduction. Donations may be made in honor of specific individuals, to an established scholarship fund, or to the general MNDI fund. A list of all donors is included in the Institute's Annual Report.
Questions may be directed to Carl Christoph, MNDI President at email@example.com. Donations must be received by 12/31/2017 in order to be credited to the 2017 tax year. Checks should be made payable to Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. Donations can be sent to:
c/o Carl Christoph
23332 Farmington Road, # 1038
Farmington, Michigan 48332-1038
The current scholarships include:
- MNDI Scholarship: $1500. Applicants for this award must be currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited dietetics program in Michigan.
- MI Academy Memorial Scholarships: Two awards, each $1500. Applicants for this award must be currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited dietetics program in Michigan.
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: $1500. Applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association, in addition to the general award criteria below.
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship: $1500. Applicants for this award must be currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited dietetics program in Michigan.
Students that wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Currently enrolled in one of the following Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) dietetic education program in Michigan
- Enrolled in an ACEND accredited Didactic Program (DPD)
- Enrolled in an ACEND accredited Coordinated Program (CP)
- Applicant to an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of The Academy and state dietetic association, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior level student
The scholarships are determined by the MNDI and are awarded at the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Spring Conference, which takes place this year on April 26 & 27, 2018 Bay City. You can view more information about the conference on our Annual Conference page. Prior winners are not eligible.
Award application instructions, application, and reference request forms for 2018 can be found below. Please note that you must follow the application instructions carefully, including email subject lines and titles of saved documents you are submitting. This will expedite application processing. If you fail to follow the included instructions, your application may be ineligible.
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2018.
*If you are unable to use the fillable PDF forms, please update your Adobe Reader software