Legislative Day – Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Please join us at MiAND’s Legislative Day and meet your state senator and house representative in person at their offices in Lansing! Attendees are eligible for one CPEU for March 16th. Covid-19 precautions will be followed, and breakfast and lunch will be provided.
This year the Michigan Academy is seeking passage of Senate Bill 614. We need members from EVERY district to help educate our legislators on the importance of licensing dietetic professionals.
Are you nervous about speaking to your legislator?
A free training webinar will take place on March 9th to provide you with talking points and to help you prepare for Legislative Day. One CPEU will be offered for this free webinar.
Legislative Day events
8:00 am Continental Breakfast, receive your packet/badge at registration
Morning and afternoon events:
- Educational presentation, one FREE CPEU in the morning
- Instructions before meeting with House of Representatives (your district Representative)
- Debriefing at lunchtime with your colleagues
- Open guided discussion – outcomes of morning sessions and discussion that will help you to prepare for afternoon and future meetings with Legislators
- Meeting with the Senate (your Senator)
- Group Photo by the Capitol
3:35 pm Leave for home
If you have additional questions, please contact one of the Legislative State Policy Chairs:
Please register by Friday, February 11, 2022, so that we can ensure every district is represented!