A Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition or related field. Completion of an approved dietetic internship program or its equivalent is necessary. Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is necessary. Demonstrated knowledge in feeding tube devices, formula classifications, and medical terminology. Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision. Demonstrated ability in interaction with other health professionals and patients in the provision of pharmaceutical service. Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English. Functional visual acuity and hearing for accurate assessment and recording of patient observations and information in clinical records. Manual dexterity and physical endurance to perform required procedure activity proficiently and safely. The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. Must comply with all UMHS Occupational Health requirements including annual Flu immunization.
Proficient in operating within the Windows environment with experience in use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access. Willingness to remain up to date on nutritional recommendations for sickle cell disease and develop disease specific plans based on published data regarding vitamin, micronutrient, and other needs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. This position is responsible for the provision of nutrition care, assessment, evaluation, training and monitoring to the sickle cell patient population (spanning neonates to young adulthood).
2. Additionally responsible for care plan development and modifications. Care coordination is conducted with prescribers and treatment regimens are established.
3. Orders are entered into an internal software system to ensure accuracy and appropriate provision of all necessary formula, supplies, and equipment to administer therapy.
4. Patients are screened for eligibility with selective payer groups to aid in identifying patient out of pocket expenses.
5. Individuals in this role also triage and resolve problems as they arise with home enteral nutrition therapy.
6. Work as a member of a multidisciplinary patient care team and in collaboration with other health system and home health care professionals.
7. Comply with data entry expectations for; Event Tracking, Compliance Violations, RiskPro reporting, and other. This position will primarily be located in the Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center.
8. May be asked to consult occasionally on other patients in the hematology-oncology clinic with cancer or other hematologic conditions that are not sickle cell. Primary responsibility will be sickle cell patients.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to coder needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
1. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
2. Able to complete duties under stress, deadlines, and while attending to multiple duties simultaneously.
3. Prolonged computer related exposure, as well as sitting and standing at workstations for long periods of time.
4. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Bending, sitting, and standing frequently throughout the day.
6. Occasionally travel off-site for meetings, conferences, seminars, and training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXEMPT STATUS: This position is exempt from overtime pay provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
I understand the expectations and responsibilities, and working conditions of this job description and is not intended to be all inclusive or limiting as to specific duties, and can change at the employer’s discretion without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com