Director, Clinical Nutrition – Spectrum Health
Website Spectrum Health
The primary purpose of the Clinical Nutrition Director (CND) is to provide clinical leadership and management for clinical and therapeutic nutrition programs at Spectrum Health (SH). The Clinical Nutrition Director is responsible for leading, planning, and executing of all the clinical and therapeutic nutrition programs within Nutrition Services across the institutional enterprise with the goal of safe patient centered care, positive clinical outcomes and value driven services. Under the direction of the Senior Director, the CND collaborates with other clinical and operational areas to design and implement evidence-based clinical nutrition practice and solutions to improve patient clinical care and experience at SH Hospitals (inclusive of Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Human Milk/Formula Mixing Room) SH Continuing Care and SH Outpatient clinics.
- Cultivates tactical and inspirational leadership to improve staff alignment and performance by promoting a productive, healthy work environment and a high level of clinical/professional competence by establishing a climate of growth, challenge, and development for all staff; fostering and promoting a culture of excellence and discovery through the dissemination of research and practice knowledge; support of staff involvement in professional publications and presentations at the state, national and international level.
- Develops clinical nutrition program planning, management and execution of clinical nutrition overseeing the planning and implementation of short-term and long-range goals that align with Spectrum Health strategic goals; participates and/or lead in institutional committees and initiatives; collaborates with quality, safety and experience department to identify opportunities for program improvement for the development of key strategies, tactics, and action plans for the clinical nutrition; directing budget preparation toward provision of adequate personnel, supplies, and equipment and manages operations to maintain operating budget.
- Oversees Quality Assurance and Process Improvement for Clinical Nutrition – directs continuous improvement projects designed to increase operational efficiency, effectiveness and/or enhance the patient experience an clinical outcomes; supervises ongoing performance improvement processes and maintains appropriate data to assure appropriate nutritional care for patients.
- Ensures federal and state regulatory compliance of all aspects of clinical nutritional care through maintaining proficient levels of operational knowledge in the areas of people, service, quality, and finance to ensure patient nutrition care as well as the department business outcomes; ensures compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other regulatory standards are followed by staff; implements approved programs within established timeframes and resource allocations including approval of the Diet Manual and Enteral Formulary.
- Serve as the clinical nutrition expert to healthcare providers, nursing, and the broad stakeholder base of Spectrum Health and its affiliated networks through collaboration with other hospital services (medical staff, nursing, pharmacy, social work, care management, et.) to plan and implement services to meet patient nutritional needs. Proposes programs and services and identifies required resources to assure patient, family, and caregiver nutrition education, documentation of nutritional assessments by qualified staff to evaluate patient nutritional needs and ongoing chart review process to assure that patient nutritional needs are identified.
- Building internal and external customer and stakeholder relationships by supporting the department’s mission to promote key services through active collaboration with partners internal and external to SH.
- Required Master’s Degree or equivalent Dietetics and Nutrition or related field with completion of ADA-approved Dietetic Internship or equivalent
- Preferred Doctorate Clinical Nutrition (DCN) in Nutrition or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience Management and/or clinical leadership experience Required
- 7 years of relevant experience Experience in clinical nutrition Required
- CRT-Registered Dietitian (RD) – CDR Commission on Dietetic Registration required
To apply for this job please visit spectrumhealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.