Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Patient Food and Nutrition Services
How to apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Patient Food and Nutrition Services department at Michigan Medicine is seeking a full-time Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) to provide nutrition care to a variety of medical and surgical patients with primary coverage of pediatric nephrology. This position will perform nutrition assessments and develop nutrition care plans using the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Process. The RDN hired for this position will provide recommendations for nutrition intervention, participate in daily rounds with the multidisciplinary team and conduct nutrition education. The RDN in this position will display a high level of customer service, attentiveness and consideration to patient care while providing evidence-based medical nutrition therapy including enteral and parenteral nutrition.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day.
- 2:1 match retirement plan.
This position is 40 hours / Monday-Friday / 7:30am-4:00pm
The incumbent will:
• Be supervised by Clinical Nutrition Services Manager.
• Precept Dietetic Interns.
• Be a liaison to the multidisciplinary health care teams for patient care unit(s) and medical/surgical services of responsibility.
• Work closely and cooperatively with Registered Dietitian Nutritionist peers.
• Rotate as work group team leader.
• Abide by Michigan Medicine’s policy for the proper use of patients’ Protected Health Information.
• Participate in departmental and interdisciplinary meetings, task forces, and projects.
• Complete competency assessments and maintaining competency standards and outlined by the Department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services.
• Contribute to the training and orientation of new employees.
• Work a specified shift and ensuring appropriate Registered Dietitian Nutritionist coverage during the hours of operation established by the Department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services.
• Accurately report productivity and time study data as required.
• Contribute to caseload smoothing within and among Registered Dietitian Nutritionist teams.
• Adhere to deadlines established by the Nutrition Services Manager.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third-party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement:
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.umich.edu.