WIC Registered Dietitian
Website District Health Department #10
District Health Department #10 seeks a part-time (.2 FTE) WIC Registered Dietitian (RD). This position can be based in Negotiable Counties.
· Provides advanced dietary and nutrition education, counseling and referrals for clients participating in the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and Maternal Child Health (MCH) Programs
· Provides client-centered education, engaging clients in goal setting and health behavior changes and outcomes.
· Provides breastfeeding support, education, intervention and referrals.
· Evaluates, approves and documents special formulas for qualifying medical conditions.
· Serves as nutrition expert and liaison for MCH and other agency programs.
· Documents nutrition care plans in electronic health records.
· Registered Dietitian, RD/RDN credential, granted from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Commission on Dietetic Registration.
· RDN-Eligible candidates will be considered.
· Experience in WIC, clinical, and/or community health and nutrition preferred.
· Practices client-centered-service (CCS) skills.
· Applies critical thinking and decision-making skills in client care and policy implementation.
· Utilizes advanced communication skills and abilities to work effectively with staff, clients, and community partners.
District health provides a competitive benefit package.
Submit resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled with preference given to those applications received by 03/27/2023.
521 Cobb St.
Cadillac, MI 49601
online at: http://www.dhd10.org/contact-us/join-our-team/
*District Health Department #10 is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran
To apply for this job please visit www.dhd10.org.