WIC Nutrition Specialist
Website District Health Department #10
Full-time WIC Nutrition Specialist. This position will be based in Mason County.
· Completes assessments of nutrition, growth, lab, and medical data determining WIC Program eligibility of infants, children, and women.
· Provides client-centered nutrition and breastfeeding education support;
· Initiates referrals and engages clients in health and community services.
· Performs height, weight, and basic lab tests
· Documents in Electronic Health Records;
· Registered Dietitians: Provides counseling and develops plans of care.
· Registered Nurses: Performs child oral screenings fluoride varnish applications and maternal risk screenings.
· Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Michigan.
· Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
· OR Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition or Home Economics (with nutrition emphasis)
To apply for this job please visit www.dhd10.org.