Website District Health Department #10
WIC Registered Dietitan E.O.E.
District Health Department #10 seeks a part-time (.8fte) WIC Registered Dietitian (RD). This position can be based in Wexford, Missaukee, or Crawford County.
· RD provides advanced nutrition counseling for clients enrolled in WIC and related Maternal Child Health Programs.
· Completes comprehensive nutrition assessments and documents care plans in EHR.
· Initiates and engages clients in health community referrals.
· Works effectively as a team member, coordinating client services.
· Serves as the WIC clinic professional, assessing clients for nutritional and medical program eligibility.
· Performs heights, weights, and basic lab tests.
· Promotes, protects, and supports breastfeeding.
· Registered Dietitian with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR).
· WIC and/or Maternal Child nutrition experience preferred.
· Advanced communication and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to engage clients from diverse backgrounds in health behavior changes and outcomes.
· Ability to work effectively with clients, staff, and community partners.
· Reliable transportation.
· Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred, but not required.
District health provides a competitive benefit package.
Submit resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled with preference given to those applications received by 10/12/2021.
521 Cobb St.
Cadillac, MI 49601
online at: http://www.dhd10.org/contact-us/join-our-team/
*District Health Department #10 is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran
To apply for this job please visit www.dhd10.org.