Website Corktown Health
Help us shape the future of health care!
Position Summary: The Registered Dietitian (RD) delivers medical nutrition therapy services and diabetes education for clients/patients at CH including LGBTQ+ and HIV positive populations. The RD designs and implements nutrition interventions, teaches clients/patients in individual and group settings, collaborates with medical providers and support staff. The RD is responsible for documenting nutrition information, creating and analyzing reports in the EHR and other systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs clinical nutritional assessments. Evaluates individual dietary needs of clients in person taking into account their health conditions and medications; develops nutrition plans instructing and educating individuals on nutritional principles, dietary needs, food selection and preparation. Suggests diet modifications and develops meal plans and teaching materials.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures pertinent to food & nutrition programs.
- Teaches/mentors other staff members and may precept dietetics students and/or interns.
- Prepares and performs food demonstrations for clients and documents goals and milestones in EHR.
- Participates in quality management and performance improvement efforts.
- Performs client intakes, reviews documents and assesses eligibility for programs based on established referrals, policies and procedures. May assist with distributing food vouchers and supplements for eligible low income clients.
- Educates and supports clients affected by diabetes to understand and manage the condition. Promotes self-management to achieve individualized behavioral and treatment goals that optimize health outcomes.
Corktown Health is Michigan’s first nonprofit health center dedicated to meeting the health care needs of the LGBTQ+ community. We are a growing, dynamic and diverse organization that aims to achieve health equity for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com