Legislative Day – Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Please join us at MiAND’s Legislative Day and meet your state senator and house representative in person at their offices in Lansing! Attendees are eligible for one CPEU for March 15th. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
This year the Michigan Academy is seeking passage of our bill to license the practice of Medical Nutrition Therapy. Your state senator and representative will be voting on our bill. We need members from EVERY Senate and House district in Michigan to promote state licensing of MNT for RDNs.
MiAND is currently working with LARA to finalize a reintroduction of Senate Bill 614 for the new legislative session.
Are you nervous about speaking to your legislators?
A free training webinar will take place on March 8th to provide you with talking points and to help you prepare for Legislative Day. One CPEU will be offered for this free webinar.
Legislative Day events
8:00 am Breakfast; receive your packet/badge at registration
Morning and afternoon events:
- Educational presentation, one FREE CPEU in the morning
- House of Representatives visits with your team
- Debriefing at lunchtime with your colleagues
- Debrief at lunch
- Senate visits with your team
- Group Photo by the Capitol
3:35 pm Leave for home (or sooner once meetings are completed)
If you have additional questions, please contact:
- Randalynn Hajek, MPH, RDN (MiAND Legislative State Policy Chair)
- Susanne Consiglio, RDN (MiAND Executive Director)
Please register by Friday, February 8, 2023, and help us ensure that every district is represented!