Legislative Day – Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Please join us at MiAND’s Legislative Day and meet your state Senator in person at their office in Lansing! Stop by your state Representative’s office to say, “thank you,” if time permits. Attendees are eligible for one CPEU for March 19th. Lunch will be provided. This event is free to MiAND members and students/interns, and $68 for non-members.
HB 4608, our bill to license medical nutrition therapy in Michigan, has successfully passed out of the House of Representatives. It is now in the Senate Health Policy Committee. We need members from EVERY Senate district in Michigan to promote state licensing of MNT for RDNs.
Visit our licensure page for more information and ways you can help.
Are you nervous about speaking to your legislators?
A free training webinar will take place on March 12th to provide you with talking points and to help you prepare for Legislative Day. One CPEU will be offered for this free webinar.
Legislative Day Schedule of Events
- 10:30 am Receive your packet/badge at registration
- 11:00 am Announcements, Randy Hajek, MPH, RDN, State Policy Rep.
- 11:15 am Lunch and Learn presentation, one free CPEU for members.
- Afternoon events:
- Group photo by the Capitol
- 1:00-4:30 pm Senate visits with your team
- 4:30 pm Leave for home (or sooner) once meetings are completed
If you have additional questions, please contact: