Michigan Academy District Information
- Dietitians in Healthcare Communities of Michigan (DHCCM)
- Michigan Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Practitioners (MiNDEP)
District and Practice Group Update-November 2015
District and dietetic practice groups across the state have been hosting education events and working with members to provide professional enrichment. Activities include:
- Helping members complete Academy Action Alerts to support food and nutrition policy with legislators (a key initiative for MAND).
- Assisting with location and planning for the Fall 2016 MAND State Conference.
- Meeting specific member needs, such as:
- Lansing District is involving members and increasing number of CE’s offered at events by hosting poster sessions at their District Meetings.
- South West Michigan District is focusing on member diversity, increasing involvement of experienced RDNs and mentoring of new members.
- Dietetic Educators Practice Group is working on member-service strategies to increase membership and member involvement.
Don’t be left out in the cold this winter! Connect with your local dietetic district, dietetic practice group and your Michigan Academy to stay up-to-date and informed.