Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (MNDI) Scholarships
MNDI awarded six scholarships in April 2016 at the annual spring conference. Michigan Academy members and MNDI congratulate these winners and commend them for their hard work and dedication to the field of nutrition. Scholarship recipients include:
Individuals, families, groups, institutes or organizations wishing to contribute to existing funds or establish scholarship funds may do so through MNDI. All donations to the MNDI are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult your tax advisor for any specific questions about your ability to use donations to MNDI as a tax deduction. Donations may be made in honor of specific individuals, to an established scholarship fund, or to the general MNDI fund. A list of all donors is included in the Institute's Annual Report.
Questions may be directed to Cinde Rutkowski, MNDI President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations must be received by 12/31/2016 in order to be credited to the 2016 tax year. Checks should be made payable to Michigan Nutrition and Dietetics Institute, Inc. Donations can be sent to:
c/o Cinde Rutkowski, MA, RDN, FAND
Dearborn, MI 48128.
The current scholarships include:
- Suzanne J. Bosserd Memorial Scholarship: $1250
- Golden Years Endowment: $1250. Applicants for this award must be currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited dietetics program in Michigan, OR be a Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist pursuing leadership education through a graduate degree.
- MDA Memorial Fund: $1250
- MDA Past Presidents’ Fellowship/Scholarship: $1250. Applicants for this award must be currently enrolled in an ACEND accredited dietetics program in Michigan OR be a Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist pursuing leadership education through a graduate degree.
- Delphine Rutkowski Memorial Scholarship: $1250. Applicants for this award must have demonstrated leadership in a student dietetic association, in addition to the general award criteria below.
- Bernice E. Hagelshaw Scholarship: $1250
Students that wish to apply must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Currently enrolled in one of the following Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) dietetic education program in Michigan
- Enrolled in an ACEND accredited Didactic Program (DPD)
- Enrolled in an ACEND accredited Coordinated Program (CP)
- Applicant to an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Show evidence of scholastic achievement throughout college
- Demonstrate leadership in college and community activities
- Have as a goal to become an active member of The Academy and state dietetic association, as well as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Not have previously been awarded the scholarship
- Be at least a junior level student
The scholarships are determined by the MNDI and are awarded at the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Spring Conference, which takes place this year on May 4 and 5 in Grand Rapids. You can view more information about the conference on our Annual Conference page. Prior winners are not eligible.
Award applications and all supporting material are due February 28, 2017 (extended from original date of February 10th). Please download the Application Instructions, the Application, and the Reference Request forms below.