March is National Nutrition Month®!
This year's theme is "Put Your Best Fork Forward®." Check out the information below for our social media contest and city proclamation request.
Social Media Contest
Besides the 36 Ideas to Get Involved from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics aims to get you social by hosting a “Put Your Best Fork Forward” contest on each of our three media accounts. The RDN or dietetic student/intern who gets the most hearts on Instagram, "likes" on Facebook and retweets on Twitter will each win a $50 gift certificate! First round winners will be identified from March 1 – March 15 at 5PM and second round winners will be identified from March 16 – March 31 at 5PM.
There will be six winners in total. Participants may only win in one category per round but are eligible to win again in the second round.
All recipients must 1) live in Michigan 2) be Michigan Academy members (this includes interns and students).
Here are a few additional contest rules specific to the media category.
To be eligible, your photo must include:
- A fork
- Healthy food
To be eligible, your post must include:
- A healthy dinner entrée recipe
- A verbal description of why the recipe is good for you.
To be eligible, your tweet must include:
- The choice is yours, but the content, be it a picture, recipe or inspirational nutrition message, must be crafted by you
Request Your City Recognize National Nutrition Month®
Engage your community and local government by sending a request to recognize the month and our collective efforts to enhance health and wellness through good nutrition. Follow these easy steps:
- Identify your local mayor and contact information (you can see a list of mayors in Michigan at the link below), then search your local city website to find contact information. http://www.michiganmayors.org/memberlist.html
- Use the template letter we created and customize with your information.
- Email or Mail your letter (or drop it off to city hall in person!).
- Follow up in a few days with your mayor's office to ensure receipt and answer any questions.
- Notify us of your success so we can share amongst our membership.